ST BERNARD PASS TOUR
At 2469 meters height above sea level, the great St Bernard road pass is the third highest pass and is the most ancient pass through the western Alps between Switzerland and Italy. Two different heroes have made this pass famous: Barry the dog Rescue and Napoleon the military commander. We propose an exceptional tour !
ST BERNARD DOG EXPERIENCE
Leave of your city holidays early in the morning to Martigny by the highway, we will drive along alpine valleys between peeks and typical villages, on a scenic route, we will stop for enjoying the breathtaking scenery. If you like, guardrails the road is not for you, but the climb is step! It’s a great experience!
The St Bernard pass is a beautiful location, overlooking a petrol-blue lake, the great pass is snowed in for up to six months of the years, the hospice found in 1049 and later became the famous for using St Bernard dogs in rescue operations; the St Bernard Foundation is a must-do attraction.
Every day from July to August with the Barry Foundation we propose to give you to the Great St Bernard pas the opportunity to accompagny the hospice dogs on a 1h30 hour hike.
- Scenic road.
- Hike with a Saint Bernard dog in Pass St Bernard (1h30)
- Barry foundation Museum in Martigny
- The St Bernard pass
- The hospice and Museum
- Traditional architecture.
Duration: 6-7 hours
- Hiking Saint Bernard dog experience during 1h30.
- Entrance tickets in hospice museum and Barry Foundation.
- Assistance and transfer go and back to Saint Bernard road pass
- Minerals water in the car, parking, highway tolls, insurance, and car fuel.
Price: Please e-mail us for prices
VARIOUS TOUR OPTIONS:
Pierre Gianada Foundation.
City of Aosta (tour extension)
Lunch in Italy (loriondet.it)
Church of Orsieres
Herens breed cows
Saint Bernard dog Museum.
- Dress in multiple thinner layers so that you can adapt to the different temperatures throughout the day.
- Take your sunglasses and a hat.
- We advise solid shoes as well.
- The driver will wait maximum 45 minutes after the indicate meeting point.
- please be on time otherwise in case of “no-show” will be charge fees and miss the tour.
- This tour is depending on weather conditions.
- Hike with a Saint-Bernard dog is proposed only in July and August.
- Saint Bernard pass is closed during the winter season.
- Saint Bernard pass tour is proposed only in summer season, during the winter season we propose a val d’Aosta tour (via St Bernard tunnel)