Welcome to the heart of central Switzerland – Lucerne, with its 80,000 inhabitants, is the 7th largest Swiss city. This picture-perfect city will surprise and delight you. The city is surrounded by a magnificent alpine panorama and is ideally located on Lake Lucerne. In the center of the city, you will find many vestiges of the Middle Ages, ancient city walls, and famous tree-lined bridges. It is with pleasure that you will discover the small squares and picturesque alleys. Wherever your leisurely stroll takes you, you will be able to contemplate and admire the colored facades of its historic houses. Lucerne is an important cultural hub in Switzerland – its many museums offer high-quality exhibitions.
We usually recommend a stay of at least two days, combined with visits to the cities of Bern or Interlaken, in order to maximize your time in Central Switzerland. We encourage and urge our guests to visit the city with the help of a professional tour guide, in order to discover all of its secrets. According to your wishes and our availability, we also offer visits to different museums. The Museum of Transportation is the most visited in Switzerland, but if you are an art lover, you will appreciate the Sammlung Rosengart or Kunstmuseum Lucern, as well as the Richard Wagner Museum.
Due to its location, Lucerne is an ideal starting point for various excursions. We offer a visit to Mount Pilatus with its altitude of 2132 meters, where one can admire a panorama of 73 mountaintops and an incredible view of the lake. It is reachable by gondola or the steepest cogwheel railway in the world with an incline of up to 48%. You can combine this outing with a lake adventure on one of the many boats of the Lake Lucerne sailing company. Aboard your paddle boat, you can discover a landscape of breathtaking beauty.
- Old Lucern city
- Guided visit of Lucern city (2 hours)
- Chapel Bridge, water tower, Hof church.
- 1 Lucern Museum
Duration: 8-10 hours.
Departure time: 8:00 AM
Price: Please e-mail us for prices
- Swiss Private Tour Mercedes Viano available during 9-10 hours
- From/to your accommodation in Zurich, Bern, Interlaken
- Professional driver, waiting time, insurance car, fuel, mineral water in the car.
- Guide of Lucern during 2 hours.
- One museum entrance fee.
Lunch, alternative option in the tour.
- Golden Route trip: A half day or whole day excursion involving a boat trip, the cogwheel railway, aerial cableway and panorama gondolas. (Only from May to October) rate from: 120.-CHF/Pers.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Museum of Art Lucern, Rosengard collection, Glacier Garden, Richard Wagner Museum, Nature Museum, Museum in Ballpark, Bourbaki Panorama, Hans Erni Museum, and numerous galleries in Lucern.
- Jesuit Church, Franciscan Church.
- Water spike, Lion Monument.
- Excursion on the Lake of Lucern